Monday, March 22, 2010

Haridwar via Ahmedabad and Vadodara



3 beautiful days with Vidi at NID - 2 days in Vadodra - 5 days in Haridwar - 2 days in Delhi!

In this trip I definitely got to know one thing that I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT EXPOSURE... as yet. Having said that I hope you still enjoy the pictures and some drawings made in Haridwar.

This was the first time that I tried my hand on TPs (transparencies), love the colors that this film can generate (Fuji Sensia 100 asa). I pushed processed all the rolls by 2 stops and just one I tried pushing 6 STOPS! Dad wasn't really happy with the whole idea but the situation was such... evening arti at the temple happens at Hari-ki-pauri right next to the Ganga temple at around 7:00 Pm with no natural light and the only light source being the burning flames from the huge arti, I could either decide to push the film or not take pictures at all. My choice was obvious :P I pushed! Discovered what this does to the film is that it turns all the blacks into deep reddish cast all over the film. Must admit I kind of like the effect. :) Other than that tried exposing the rest of the film 1/2 stop under which was a bad idea. Dust and speckles on the images are intentional as this I feel adds up to whole FILM look where the digital is just too damn clean. :P

But nevertheless had a great time taking pictures, meeting new people and some great old friends.

1st 8 pictures are the ones that are from the '6stops' pushed TP! :)


































9 comments:

  1. loved the nagasadhu's shots..Interesting angles..The aarti effect is also fascinating..Must make a trip to the Kumbh Mela sometime,seems to be pulsating with energy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL PICTURES DUDE... really good work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the all the ones with the jata wale sadhu. mind blowing workwant to see more...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ latha mam: thankyu sooo much mam. and the place is worth a visit.

    @ Ritesh: glad u like them man! :)

    @ Rooh: :) goin back in april.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swapnil
    Adjective: swo'pp'neel
    1. Inspiring awe or admiration or wonder

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say it any better than Beenu, her comment stole the words out of my mouth. And your pictures arrested my thoughts...Are we born with such talent. Can it be instilled or developed? I don't know. I can buy the best camera in the world and will still not be able to take a snap like yours...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swap,
    you already know which photo of yours i liked the most ;). and a big apologies for changing the Haridwar plan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. linju vijay raghavanJune 20, 2010 at 3:56 AM

    was there saw them kumbh....through your eyes...nicework swap...vijay

    ReplyDelete